Saturday, February 27, 2010

the first trip is booked!

Of course within an hour of my last post I received and email from Dr. Julie Torode at the International Union Against Cancer in Geneva.  I leave for Geneva on March 9th and meet with her on the 11th, I am also trying to schedule in a meeting with my contact Clare Courtney at the World Health Organization while I am there.  Dr. Torode has contacts with member organizations in all the countries that I want to go to, so she is a vital link for me and I feel so lucky that she is able to take the time to meet with me.  I am also super lucky that my good friends Philippe and Sophie Chevrier live in Lausanne and are letting me stay with them. It is only a 30 minute train ride to Geneva, and Geneva is a very expensive city, so they are saving me a bundle, and I get to see them and their adorable boys!

I also heard that Dr. Dottino was meeting with the ambassador to Liberia and trying to finalize plans to travel there at the end of March, so it looks like that is on too!  yay!!!!  I am so excited.....

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing and yet not surprising.

    Liz said it best "Trust your wonderful eyes and your magnificent heart" and you are right... trust your gut. It will keep you safe.

    sending love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats C,
    I will be quite busy right up until you leave because of the comp at P.C.
    But I can't wait to see you when you get back.
    Glad things are coming together.
    Best of Luck,
    Burg

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you're incredible! Can't wait to hear about it... will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete